Winter Weekend Out - January 24-26
We’ve got a fun-filled, snow fun, weekend planned! Take a look at the weekend’s activities and like our page on Facebook to stay updated on the weekend’s activities.
Friday, January 24 activities:
- Free Admission to West Hills Fitness Center - Time: 5:00-7:00pm. Gym, walking track, cardio room, and weight room is open for free use.
- Family Open Swim - Time: 6:30-8:30pm, Fee: $2.00 Per Person. Family Open Swim at the Owatonna Middle School is an opportunity for families to come and enjoy swim time together. During this time there will be 2 lifeguards on duty and the diving boards will be open. All children must be accompanied by a parent. Children with lifejackets must be within arm’s reach of a parent at all times.
Saturday, January 25 activities:
- Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament at Lava Burgers - Start Time: 11:00am. Trade in your shorts and tanks for thermals and hats and play in our Adult Snow Volleyball Tournament! Teams of up to 6 players (minimum of 4), co-rec or women’s teams, $30 entry fee per team, prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places! Look for registration to begin in December.
- Fat Bike/Hok Ski Demo at Kaplan's Woods - Time: 10:00am-12:00pm. Fat Bikes and Hok Skis will be provided by Straight River Sports for you to give them a try.
- 2020 iGames - Time: 2:00-4:00pm. Grab a friend or family member and come to West Hills Social Commons (formerly SeniorPlace) for an afternoon of games for all ages. We will have Wii bowling and tennis, bags and billiards set up.
- Free Tennis -- West Hills Tennis Center - Time: 4:30-6:00pm. Stop out for some casual play and to hit with the Tennis Pro, Colan Surratt. (Space is limited)
- Rock on Ice at Morehouse - Time: 6:00-8:00pm. Music, lights, fun...we’ll be Rockin on Ice! Bring the whole family down, warm up by the bonfire and enjoy a night skating to the music!
Sunday, January 26 activities:
- Family Ice Fishing at Lake Kohlmier - Time: 2:30 – 4:30pm. Join us on Lake Kohlmier for an afternoon of ice fishing. Limited equipment and bait will be provided -- holes will be pre-drilled for fishing. This is a FREE event for everyone to attend. Look for more information to come. Backup date: February 9th, 2:30 – 4:30pm.
Pick the winner of each NFL game each week. Weekly points will be recorded and totaled at the end of the regular season. Participate for a chance to win a West Hills Tennis and Fitness Center or Adult Leisure Pursuits membership! Click on the links below to participate and pick each week's winner.
City Archery Deer Hunt
The City of Owatonna is holding an archery deer hunt, two seasons, November 2-23 and November 24-December 20, 2019. Application fee is $20 to the City of Owatonna, non-refundable. Registration deadline is September 13, 2019 at 4 p.m. All applicants must pass a proficiency test using the same equipment with which they will be hunting. Fifty applicants are randomly drawn to test. Two sets of fifteen permits are randomly awarded from the pool of those passing the proficiency test. Hunters must be at least 18 years of age. After drawing, hunters are called in the order they were drawn to choose their location with a member of the park crew.
Only antlerless deer may be harvested in/on Cashman Park, Hamman Park, Kaplan’s Woods, Kaplan’s Woods Parkway, North Straight River Park Area, Leo Rudolph Nature Reserve, Manthey Park, Maple Creek Parkway and Kriesel Park. (Mineral Springs Park is pending at the time of publication.) However, once you take an antlerless deer, you are able to Earn-A-Buck.