Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department is now hiring for the following positions:
- Parks and Building Maintenance II
- Seasonal/Temporary Parks & Grounds and Golf Maintenance
- Therapeutic Recreation Program Supervisor
- Therapeutic Recreation Program Aide
Click here for job descriptions and to apply.
Park Passport Program: The Park Passport program is an initiative of the City of Owatonna Parks and Recreation Department to promote healthy lifestyle choices. The program encourages families to explore our parks and exercise by walking the mapped trails. The four-week program is FREE and all access to the parks is FREE! Here is how the Park Passport Program works:
- Get your passport. Passports are available to pick up from the Parks and Recreation office or click here to print your passport and click here for park maps.
- Visit the parks listed and find the hidded passwords. Parks will have a small sign mounted to a post along the trail. The signs are approximately 2-4 feet from the ground. Each sign has a word on the back. Yellow signs will be placed September 11-24 and then removed. White signs, in different locations will be placed September 25-October 5.
- Reveal the phrase! Write the hidden password for each park in the appropriate box on your passport to see the message. Turn in your completed passport before noon on October 9, 2015 to the Parks and Recreation office.
Trick or Treat Trail - Saturday, October 31, 2:00 - 4:00pm: Ghosts and Goblins of all ages grab your trick or treat bags and head out to Mineral Springs Park for our 2nd Annual Trick or Treat Trail! We’ve got a “New and Improved” trail planned this year! This year’s event will run from the trail starting at Brooktree Golf Course parking lot through Mineral Springs Park. Click here for event flyer and more information.
City Deer Hunt
The City of Owatonna will be holding a deer hunt in wooded areas of city parks this fall to help control the deer popluation. Application fee is $10 to the City of Owatonna, non-refundable. Registration deadline is September 15, 2015 at 4 p.m. All applicants must pass a proficiency test using the same equipment with which they will be hunting. Two sets of fifteen permits will be randomly awarded to those passing the proficiency test. Dates of each set of permits will be determined at a later date. Hunters must be at least 18 years of age. Click here for more information and Application Form.
Brooktree Golf Course
Brooktree Golf Course is open! Check out the "new Brooktree" with many improvements to the clubhouse and course. Hours of operation: 8:00am to 8:00pm, 7 days a week.
Pardon our phones!! As you may have noticed, our phone system has been unstable recently. If you do not get an answer at 444-2467, please try calling our Clubhouse cell phone at 507-676-4227.
We are currently taking registrations for the following:
- Kindergarten Basketball - Tikes
- 1st & 2nd Grade Basketball - Squirts
- 3rd - 6th Grade Basketball
- Learn to Skate Hockey
Register online here, in person at the Parks & Recreation office or call 507-444-4321
Park Pavilion Rentals
Pavilion Rentals are available one year in advance. Call the Parks and Recreation office at 444-4321 or stop by our office to make a reservation. Payment is due at the time of the reservation.
The Power of Parks:
Click on the link to watch this short video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQD7ynujlA
Follow Owatonna Parks & Recreation on Facebook