The Owatonna Park and Recreation Department in cooperation with the Owatonna Slow Pitch Softball Association offers organized leagues in Men’s, Women’s and Co-Rec softball. Games are played from early May through late August at the Fairgrounds softball complex.
- Registration materials are available at the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Individuals wishing to find a team should call 507-444-4321 to be put on a list.
- Team registration deadline is Thursday, March 14 at 4:30 p.m.
- Mandatory Managers Meeting / Annual Softball Association Meeting is in April (date TBD) at 6 p.m. at Owatonna Knights of Columbus, schedules will be available and player’s fees can be paid that evening.
- $350 (American League)
- $325 (other leagues)
Tentative Nights of Play
- American and Stripes - Wednesdays (starting May 1)
- Four Diamond and Straight River - Thursdays and some Tuesdays (starting May 9)
- Steele and Stars (Starting May 6) - Mondays and some Thursdays
Men’s American League plays 22 games and includes double headers on most nights; other men’s leagues play 20 games with double headers many nights. Men’s fees include End of Year Tournament fee. If you do not wish to play in the post-season tournament, you must request a refund from the Owatonna Softball Association by July 1st.
- Team Fee: $195
- Night of Play: Tuesday (starting May 7)
The unique rules governing Co-Rec Softball help the sport remain recreational. Co-Rec plays 14 games. The bottom league is recreational and teams can play games with as many women as they want.
Team Entry Fees
Entry Fees are due on or before Thursday, March 14. Please pay at the Parks and Recreation Office, checks are payable to Owatonna Parks and Recreation.
Player fees are due before the first night of play. Checks are payable to Owatonna Parks and Recreation. All fees include tax and a Softball Association fee for field improvements. ($10 for co-rec and $15 for men).
- Men’s League $45 for Owatonna and Steele County residents, $55 for outside Steele County
- Co-Rec League $40 for Owatonna and Steele County residents, $55 for outside Steele County
If you are interested in umpiring, call the Park and Recreation Office at 507-444-4321 for more details. A clinic to discuss local rules, expectations, and to hand out assignments and schedules will be held in April.
Schedules & Standings
View schedules and standings for adult sports leagues.