Commercial / Industrial / Subdivision
Commercial Contractors wanting to build in the City of Owatonna can find all information needed to submit for a building permit. All information must be completed and submitted with the Building Permit Application to the Building Inspection Department.
All of the following forms must be completed and included with the 2 sets of construction plans submitted to the Building Inspection Department for review.
The Water Quality Specialist will review all grading plans to ensure that there is proper site drainage and that appropriate erosion and sediment controls are in place to prevent pollutants from leaving the construction site.
Contractors are responsible for scheduling the initial inspection with the Water Quality Specialist, prior to the start of construction, to verify the necessary stormwater pollution prevention best management practices are in place. Contractors are also responsible for scheduling the final inspection to verify proper stabilization exists following project completion (to be scheduled prior to final inspection with the Building Department).
- City of Owatonna Notice of Transfer/ Modification Form (PDF): required when transferring or closing Grading/ ESC Permit.
- Commercial/ Industrial Construction Grading/ ESC Standards (PDF): application must be completely filled out and signed at plan submission
- Notice of Transfer/ Modification Fact Sheet (PDF): read prior to signing notice of transfer/ modification form and deliver to person responsible for SWPPP oversight.
- NPDES Permit (PDF) (if applicable): Permit must be submitted to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, copy of permit provide to City of Owatonna.
- Post-Construction Stormwater Standards (PDF): requirements for controlling discharge rate, volume, total phosphorus and total suspended solids.
Projects are required to submit an as-built drawing prior to permit close out and issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.
Visit the Building Inspection Division's page for additional information regarding construction.