Current Projects Status
- The 2021 Project Location Map is available here.
- Weekly Updates are available on the City Engineer's Blog.
- 2021 MnDOT, Steele County, Owatonna Road Construction Press Release
- Truman Avenue Project
- Truman Avenue has been designated for reconstruction from Havana Road to Main Street. The project involves replacement of the sanitary sewer, storm sewer, watermain and roadway. It includes the addition of a sidewalk along the east side.
- The City of Owatonna lines clay sanitary sewer lines to improve the carrying capacity and reduce inflow and infiltration. Approximately 11,420 feet are planned for lining in 2021.
- Street Maintenance
- The City of Owatonna annually crack seals roadways in advance of sealcoating. Approximately 4.99 miles are planned for crack sealing and sealcoating in 2021.
- North Cedar Streetscape:
- The City of Owatonna Downtown Streetscape Study was approved by the Owatonna City Council in November of 2019 as part of a larger Master Planning effort. ISG has been engaged to assist with this project, considered as Phase One of the Master plan, which consists of North Cedar Avenue Streetscape improvements focused on the three blocks between Central Park and Rose Street. The project includes a site assessment of existing conditions, summary of stakeholders and community engagement, and the general planning framework for the downtown area.
- North Cedar Avenue Streetscape Project (isginc.com) This site is designed to help you stay informed and navigate this project by providing information updates including construction alerts, what to expect next, and contact information. In addition, the project schedule has been designed for downtown businesses to remain open during this time to have the least impact as possible on the community.
- Bridge Street Reconstruction:
Bridge Street from I-35 to 24th Avenue will undergo a full reconstruction. Below is a visualization animation created by ISG for this project.
Steele County Projects:
News Releases related to Steele County Projects can be found here.