Halloween SPOOKtacular – Saturday, October 24, Mineral Springs Park
Registration Begins October 1st - Register Online (under Events)
Calling all Ghouls and Boys! Dress up in your Halloween costume and come out to our Halloween SPOOKtacular for some safe Halloween fun! Visit the cute animals at the petting zoo, enjoy a ride through the park on the hayride, find the items in the scavenger hunt and take a photo at the fall-themed photo shoot area. Also, all attendees will receive a bag of candy! You MUST be pre-registered to attend this event; staff will be checking the registration list for attendees to be able to participate in each activity. Every person, regardless of age, who is attending needs to be registered and pay the $2 fee. Choose from 4 time slots to attend: 10:00 to 11:00am, 11:30am to 12:30pm, 1:00 to 2:00pm or 2:30 to 3:30pm. We have a Safety Plan created to keep the event safe, while offering the opportunity for kids to have some Halloween fun. Thank you to our Gold Sponsors:
The Park Passport program is an initiative of Owatonna Parks and Recreation to promote healthy lifestyle choices. The program encourages families and individuals to explore our parks and trails and exercise by walking the mapped trails. The program is FREE and all access to the parks is FREE!
- Get your passport.
- Visit the parks listed and find the hidden password. Use the park/trail maps to guide you to search for the signs. Parks will have a small sign mounted to a post along the trail. The signs are approximately 2’-4’ from the ground. Each sign has a word on the back. All signs will be up from September 23 to October 21.
- Reveal the phrase! Write the hidden password for each park/trail in the appropriate box to reveal the message. Submit your completed passport by October 26.
- Enjoy your time in the parks! The ten Passport Parks and Trails are Mineral Springs Park, Leo Rudolph Nature Reserve, Dartts Park, Buxton Trail, North Straight River Parkway, Kaplan’s Woods Trail, 18th Street Trail, Manthey Park, Muckle Trail and Kaplan’s Woods Parkway. A completed passport equals 11 miles of trail walking.
Owatonna Parks and Recreation will be hosting NFL Pick'em. The object of the game is simple: pick the winner of each NFL game every week. Weekly points will be recorded and totaled at the end of each regular season game. Make your picks online below. Prizes of $50 chamber bucks or a free pavilion rental will be awarded to the top 2 people.
Virtual Bike & Brew
Bike, walk or jog for We All Play and earn beer certificates!
- Sign up to participate (only $10!)
- Ride bike wherever you'd like from September 14 through October 4
- Submit weekly mileage and pictures - a weekly log will be emailed to you
- Receive 2 beer certificates for Mineral Springs Brewery (mailed right to you!)
- Extra prizes for top mileage & best pictures
- Don't ride bike? You can walk or jog and still participate!
City Archery Hunt
- Registration deadline: September 11
- Register online (under Activities/Special Events) or at the Park & Rec Office (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Two seasons:
- November 1-28
- November 29 - December 23
- Antlerless Deer only, Earn-a-Buck
- All DNR regulations apply
- Proficiency test required
- No crossbows (being reviewed for 2021)
- Parks included: Cashman, Hammann, Kaplan’s Woods, Kaplan’s Woods Parkway, North Straight River Park Area, Leo Rudolph Nature Reserve, Manthey, Maple Creek Parkway, Kriesel Park and Mineral Springs (second season only)
- $20 non-refundable application fee
- Random draw if more than 50 hunters apply and if more than 30 hunters pass proficiency test
For more information, contact Mary Jo Knudson, 507-774-7364 or email@example.com
Park Clean Up Kits
Help us keep Owatonna’s parks beautiful!
- Sign-up online.
- Pick-up your bucket at the park shop.
- Clean-up a park or trail using our pickers & garbage bags.
- Leave the trash near a garbage can & drop-off the bucket at the park shop!