2022 Primary Election - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
2022 General Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2022
- City Offices: Four council seats (Council Member-at-Large, Ward 1, Ward 3 & Ward 5. Filing Period for these offices is Tuesday, August 2, 2022 - Tuesday, 16, 2022. Candidate forms will be available in the City Administration Office at City Hall, 540 West Hills Circle.
- County, State and Federal Offices (will update when list available in September)
Voter RegistrationVisit the Minnesota Secretary of State’s Elections and Voting Frequently Asked Questions page.
Do You Meet the Following Requirements?
- Eligible to vote in the State of Minnesota
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- At least 18 years of age
- Not a candidate in the election, and not closely related to a candidate (Election Judges can not be a spouse, parent, child, or sibling of a candidate.)
- Not closely related to an election judge in the same precinct (but can serve in another precinct)
Do You Want To?
- Earn extra money?
- Get involved in the election process?
- Work with the public?
- Do something different than the same old run-of-the-mill stuff?
- Meet lots of people?
What Does This Involve?
- Become a Certified Election Judge by attending a 2-hour training class.
- Commitment to working the Primary Election in August - August 11, 2020.
- Commitment to working the General Election in November - November 3, 2020
- Certified Judges will be assigned to work at the City’s ten polling sites on Election Day by City Administration staff. A Head Judge is appointed at each Polling Site to assist during Election Day.
- On Election Day, polls are open from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; judges begin working at 6:00 a.m. and usually finish before 10:00 p.m. Many judges choose to work all day and some request to work either the morning to early afternoon shift or the afternoon to evening shift.